'signal over range'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jozzareid

Solid State Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi i have a second computer running xp,with a ati radeon 9200,and recently, after boot up the screen started adjusting itself(rotated slightly,or moved off the monitor). I tried to reinstall the drivers, but on boot up now, when it gets to windows the screen shuts down every time, and displays signal over range. I've tried running it in safe mode but no luck, also tried different graphics card. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Josh

CHeck the cable on the monitor,,

sounds like a broken wire in the harness to me,,

common problem ,, caused by pushing the PC too close to the wall and bending the adaptor,,,

try a different monitor on it if you have access to one, but dont shove it into the wall,,

the message usually reads " Display Signal Out Of Range" if no feed from the card is being received = Broken wire

cheers

This also happens when you manage to change to a resolution not supported by your monitor and accepting the changes... only way to fix it is in safe mode, go into your device manage, completely uninstall your video drivers, reboot, it will install the default ms video drivers. Then re-install your video card specific drivers and reboot... see if that helps.

Safe mode should work

Try holding down ctrl key while booting, as this disables changes with NVIDIA cards, and may work for ATI.

CRT or LCD monitor? My LCD has problems with certain resolutions. Although I guess a CRT could have the same problem if it wasn't supported.

nope no broken wires, tried 2 different monitors, my trt and a really old 1 (which i know works).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom