i/o shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmonk888

Baseband Member
hey guys, i have 2 simple questions...
1) i just bought a can of condensed air to clean my system since im installing it in a new case.. now .. whats safe to do and whats not.. is the air pressure too high to clean off heatsinks and stuff? should i just use it from far away or get real close? is there any way i can damage parts by the air pressure?

2) now. ive built like .. 5 or 6 computers so far.. and i never, not once did i figure out how the heck to put on the I/O shield..i just cant get it .. even tho the mobo plugs fit the sockets in the shield plate, the clip spring things just wont go in ... what the heck am idoing wrong? any one that can give me a detailed explanation would be great..

thnx for future input =D

well i can only help u on number 1 T_T

On the heatsinks i wouldnt worry bout going to far or to close. Also remember when your using the can to not to just blow it around like crazy. try to make one clear shot path in one direction not like ur using MS Paint on your computer =D buht overall i dont think there should be a problem on being to close or 2 far.

Just dont tip the can on its side so the nitrogen or whatever cold substance they use gets all over the chips and PCB. You can do some damage when you get alot of that on certain components. If you get a lil on something, dont worry.

I can help you on both questions. Since im a technicain. For number one give it in a nice upright quick wisps of air to the "dirty" areas. Because that liquid that you shake to cool down is liquid oxyegn. Which is still dangerous. And It would not be liquid nitrogen because its way to expensive and dangerous. Also for the I/O face plate that comes with your mobo and it never seems to fit your case. You get that face plate from the inside and use the back of a screw driver to "pop" it in. I used to use a small torch so I could heat the two metals up but that got to dangerous so I just used the pop techniqe and some black electrical tape on client pc's. They dont know I used a bit of tape on the pc since they will never see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom