Gone For AMD, Need Help Choosing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApM

Daemon Poster
Okay, I'am running on a P4 2.66 (In Sig), and well, I'am going to upgrade my Processer along with mobo and hard drive and I am in of some help!.

So,

The processer I want will be around AMD 3.0+ upwards but not higher then 3.2/5. I'am going to be changing from P4 --> AMD to see what it is like (When I do, I will have a 2.66 P4 for sale PM me or reply here :).) and If anyone can help me towards picking out a good AMD processer and a Mobo togo along with it would be great, Thanks.

You do understand that there is NO amd chip that reaches 3.0ghz stock right? If you are talking comparably it would be easier to understand that you want something performing similar to a P$ 3.0ghz to a p4 3.4ghz.

AMD 64 3200+ would be right up your alley, or maybe an AMD 64 3500+.

There is no AMD that is 3ghz yet but the numbers they give the amds are to give you an idea of the equivillent that they run compared to intels so an amd 64 3000+ is a 2.0ghz that is the equivillent to a ~3GHz intel give or take a few hundred MHz

Another thing to take into account is that AMD run hella lot cooler than p4s.

i think he means 3.0 as in the 3000+ and 3.2/3.5 as the 3200+ n 3500+
mobo, if ur not goin for pci-e get the neo2 k8n platnum... for cpu 3200 should be good but if u got the money go 3500

also make sure u go socket 939 and get a winchester cos they are great for overclocking. u can get 3500 speeds from a 3200 easy. also afew great coolers to look at for one is the xp-120 and the CNPS7700-CU both are very quiet and give great cooling. mine is always lower than 33C even underload :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom