Are these high temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how my PC works.
I have a heatsink and fan that came with the Pentium 4. I clicked them on and no extra gel or grease.

One case fan at the back blowing out rofl and the PSU fan. Yea I shut it down but it always does that when I play cs for a long time or play memory consuming MMORPGS.

For starters, what are your specs? Second seems to methat it is overheating not knowing anything about your system yet but, do you Overclock at all? If so its ideal to have ample amounts of cooling flowing through your case and good fan setup is a must.

I'm scared, its dropped a few degress with the case open. My VGA card is burning like hell, but my heatsink is just warm.

Your vga is supposed to run really hot. Sometimes it can get so hot that it burns you. With my dell, i had really load fan noises (like extremly loud) it was so loud that whenever i slept, it would wake me up. I opened the case...it cooled it down ALOT. The only time the fan kicked on full is when (this happend tonight) the temperature was like 80 degreees in my room. Oh yeah and DONT GET DELL.

i dunno my geforce 5200 doesnt run that hot. it had no fan on it when i got it, but im using a socket 7 cpu cooler fan for it, it fits the heatsink almost perfectly. the card only runs slightly warm, as compared to my friends 5200 that burns you when u touch it.

i dunno my geforce 5200 doesnt run that hot.
the 5200 is a weak card though. I wouldn't suspect it to get anywhere near hot.

As for your friends, I don't know, I don't go feeling my componentes when the thing is on anyway

Did you see if there is a BIOS update available? That might not be an accurate temperature reading.

That happens more than you think ;)

My 5200 heatsink gets ALOT hotter than my 6600GT OC'ed

I would test the temps, but the 5200 was only mine for a day or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom