CPU usage is high...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your system idle process runs anywhere from 97-99% when Idle. but dont forget when your Idle you are using 0% CPU usage if you have a dedicated video card. That 97-99% reading in the process list is telling you that the system idle process is using 97-99% of the 0-1% of the total cpu usage.

Also if your sound is glitchy, make sure to tweak your buffer time on your sound. You might be having buffer under or over runs

well the cpu stopped jumping ty..
but now i dont have sound at all.. idk y i turned off the sound and turned it back on and now it wont work.. sooo i got a new problem to fix.. thanx guys.. ill tell ya if the cpu starts jumping again..

After you did the MSCONFIG you removed the sound card that is needed at startup just enable it

If you don't know what it is check one and reboot test the sound then the other untill you get sound

i already fixed it, being as i wasn't the last one on the computer it wasn't to hard to figure out... i did look there and once i realized it that it was on and working i just went through all the volume controlls... after 5 different menus i found one that got muted some how.... idk how kus i wasn't the last on my computer so oh well...

ok... now my cpu is staying at like 97-100... wtf is up with this seriously...
hmm says that update.exe and ashserv.exe is using alot.. any idea..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom