Nubius this is for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leak testing has begun! :p

Unfortunately...just like one review said...the little plastic parts that are for refilling the reservoir...SUCK...the thing is rather cheap plastic so I wound up breaking off one of those nipples. One needs to be open for air, while the otherone gets connected to your refill tank....so yeah being the clever guy I am :p I cut off the top of one of the rubber nipples, took a little screw, and that nipple top became my rubber seal lol, so it's all good and no leaks thus far. Only 12 hours to go :D

Then I just gotta dismantle it all, set it back up inside the computer, and then I think I'll leak test it one more time to be safe.

not 12 hours... i cant wait that long :). Naw its good to test it that long. I cant wait to see how well it overclocks w/ that bigwater kit in there. Also, You did add the extra radiator right?
Few questions.
What were you running your system @ and what temps?
Did you need to remove the MB (or will you anywayz)?

Try to get us those overclock temps when you get it done (being that i might order it). Thanks

yeah, on my invoice the company I ordered it from said they tested it too...so supposedly Tt tests em before shipping, and then that company tested it, lol now I'm testing it, and will endure one more test before I actually power on the system.

Yes I did get the extra radiator :D

Well...I had my system running prime stable 235x10.5 but yeaaah , my game sof2 kept crashing, and far cry crashed once, and I haven't gotten a crash on sof2 when it's down at 200 and haven't done any thorough testing.

I'm hoping on some weird whim, that after I get the water cooling in there, and put on my SB cooler with some thermal epoxy (could be that it's getting hot, but I don't really want to put my finger on it, in the live syste, :p)

Anywho...Currently I'm running:

200x12.5 = 2.5GHz - 1.875Vcore

Right now it's idling 29C but that's cause it's 70F in this room right now and the windows cracked, normally it'd be like 32C or so during the day.

And about 41C full load.

I think I've set the bar pretty high as far as being cool is concerned cause I have relatively low temps compared to most people with even less Vcore :p But I think the fact I have a 35w mobile opposed to the guys with the 45w 2600+ has more to do with that.

I will be removing my motherboard because the PSU is really close to it, and it'd be hard to get the clip on, and plus it'll be much easier to sit at the table, motherboard out, and ensure I get a nice safe clipping on the thing, no worries of stabbing the mobo.

Keep in mind Ak, if I do have really good results (oh I hope I hope I hope) as far as temps go, I couldn't tell you if that's in part to the 2nd rad or not. And I really want to build a housing for both of them, inwhich a 3rd 120mm will be on the outside of the housing pushing air in, so that might considerably help (I just gotta figure out how to build that housing)

Of course I'm dying to get it into my system, but since it's a cheap kit, I gotta get everything out of it that I possibly can, so IMO that housing is a necessity for me :p

To sum it up:

200x12.5 = 2.5GHz
1.875 Vcore
29-32C Idle - 41C full load

Yeah that's what mike suggested I do, buuut, Im already not looking forward to taking it apart, draining it, refilling it, and all that good stuff, so I don't see myself randomly taking it apart to quickly test 1 radiator although I knew a lot of people simply wanted to know how it performed stock, but like I said, if I build a shroud it's going to house those two radiators, and I'd have to take that whole thing apart too.

Leak testing is complete.....no leaks :)

I'll probably be trying to get it setup tomorrow although I still don't think I'll actually power on the system. I'm going to simply setup the system inside the case and using my test PSU, turn it on, let it run, get all the airbubbles out and whatnot and again make sure there's no leaks as I'm really excited but paranoid about this whole ordeal bein it's my first setup.

Anywho, I don't have a camera, but my scanner works decent enough to get a picture to the point where you can get the idea of whats goin on.

This is my 2 radiators put together. In the middle is screws seperating about an inch which spaces them apart plus holds them together. I then went around with electrical tape to seal it up and make a 'tunnel' for the air to pass through.

radiators.jpg

It's comin together :) :D

Yeah me either. As I said I'm rather excited yet nervous all at the same time lol.

I'm going to remove my motherboard because I'm going to thermal epoxy my SB cooler and a couple other microsinks, plus it's much easier to mount a heatsink or in this case the block when the motherboard is out and you have good lighting.

If it was my midtower case I'd dread taking out the mobo lol, but this one isn't so bad. A lot more room to maneuver in so it's all good.

I'll be sure to make a sepereate 'unofficial' bigwater view from my experience, but the only thing is that my temps will obviously be different from someone who just buys the thing stock.

Don't know how I can upgrade the tubes though. The 2nd rad comes with connectors for 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" but the actual kit only comes with the standard 1/4" and I'm not sure if you can go buy those exact ones via thermaltake or what.

I just hope I can get it in my system and water in the pump without spilling it like I did the first time around filling it :p but it was because I filled it to fast.

Man I hope everything goes smoothly. I'm really nervous about this lol, I know I've said that a lot and some people might think it's ridiculous, but whatever can go wrong will, and generally I experience them. I just gotta take my time to set it up properly.

Just use common sense when messing with it, and you'll be okay. Much less knoweldgable people have set it up seccessfully, I don't think you'll have a problem.

Just don't rush it.

Just don't rush it.
Yeah I think that's the key ingredient right there. But what also plays on me is the fact that I swear sometimes I have the worst luck with computers. Simple things where nothing should go wrong like swapping out a graphics card and my system will no longer boot. I just have a fear of things going wrong even on the simplest of tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom