Memory Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronl29

Beta member
I just bought an Abit V17 motherboard with a ddr400 512mb pc3200 stick. I am having problems with installing the game World of Warcraft so I talk to their tech support. They tell me to do a bunch of stuff and I do this all and the only thing that turns out bad is the memory tests. I downloaded a memory diagnostic tester from Microsoft and tried it out. 2 of the 11 tests failed. So, next i went to my friends house and tried the ram tests on them with my ram stick and all the tests passed fine. At this time it sounds like a motherboard problem so I call them. They say that it doesnt sound like a motherboard problem, but im not sure what else it could be so, they were no help. Hopefully someone here could help!

Aaron

I am good on all the motherboard requirements, the the motherboard can accept DDR 400/333/266 (max 2GB.)

First thing to check is the exact make & model of your RAM. The link below will take you to the compatibility report for your mobo.
Abit recommend that you only use RAM specified in this report to ensure stability.
http://www.abit.com.tw/test_report/VI7/01.php

If your RAM is fully compatible, try running the memory test again but with RAM in a different slot if possible.

That mobo is dual channel memory, thats probably your problem. "EDITED" i thought you said Abit VT7. Your mobo might also be dual channel memory.

My ram brand is Ultra. It says on the pack that it is guaranteed to be compatible, but I did read on the motherboard specs and none of ultras memory is on there. Also, the mobo is an Abit V17.

Well all, thanks for the help, but i fixed the problem with a new motherboard and processor. Also, I would never recommend an Abit product. I call their tech support and they didnt even attempt to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom