pci slot fan for a 6800gt??

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's real easy to make your own PCI slot cooler.

Get an old USB card you don't need or something, drill holes through it and plant your fan. That's what I did actually.

I know you've all seen this mess of wires a hundred times before ( btw I don't need any comments, I KNOW its a mess, but there's a LOT of fans in there) Anyway, if you look under the graphics card you can see my cheapo made "PCI slot cooler"

Picture.jpg

hehe nice... i was thinkin of gettin a pci fan but didnt wana buy incase it was full loud.. my case makes enuf noise already

ok, i got the vantec spectrum fan card. i installed it on the 3rd pci slot down from the gt. it lowered my idle temps 2-3c and my load 6-7c.

I have a vantec spectrum card and cant actually say with any hard numbers if it works or not because i dont have any temp monitoring on my graphics card at the moment. I can say that for a 2 small fans they push a good amount of air and if you have good circulation in your case they should do a very good job. If of course you are a psycho you could always use nubius nice method but instead of putting a regular fan there put in a vantec tornado. Also i just got my leadtek 6800 gt and oced it to 425 and 1100 using rivatuner with absolutely no artifacts. I have yet to test temps, but seems ok so far.

yeah but your card has to have a sensor buit in for rivatuner to read off of it

ok, i got the vantec spectrum fan card. i installed it on the 3rd pci slot down from the gt. it lowered my idle temps 2-3c and my load 6-7c.

Is there a reason you went 3 slots down? I thought I saw pic's of them right next to it. Have you tried it to see if it makes a difference on temps?

i put it closer to the bottom of my case because i wanted it to push the cooler air up from the bottom. i haven't tryed it closer to the video card yet but i got a feeling it won't do much if anything. the difference between lowest and highest speed on fans is like 1c difference on the gt.

a little space is good though. Fans have that dead zone in the center so that'll just give it ample room to get a good amount of air up to the card

my card has a temp sensor but i just installed it yesterday so i never actually checked it. i checked now and its showing a 51c at idle. dont know what it is yet at load. i bought this specific card because it has a very nice large heatsink on it to help with cooling. im sure with the spectrum card i shouldnt have any heat issues. im going to mess around with the placement to see if it makes any significant difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom