New pc assembly help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe, i did wonder about that. It did slot in though, just, missing 4 pins. hmmm, not too good then?

did find this this can't make sense of it though

but the green powerlight is on, so power is going into it, its just in standby. Just nothing else is happening, no lights at the front, no fans, no nothing.

I have a 24 pin mobo and a 20 pin psu. It works. Just make sure you have it lined up right. On mine, it lines to the bottom, so the top 4 are left open, it looks like you have yours the other way. Make sure that is right by comparing the plugs. They sell and adpater on newegg that I am going to get just to be safe, but it should work without it.

It will not fit anywhere else except where it is. Umm, i don't know if its an issue, but I put my two ram sticks in A1 and B1, as I couldnt quite make out the instructions. Then I tried A1 and A2, but nothing changed. Im starting to get a little worried, although I know it happens to everyone :)

I thought so, I had it right to begin with :D Still, Im at a loss of what to do to try and fix things. Those single pin connector things, for the power switch and stuff, if I got one of those upside down, would that stop me from getting it on? Also is there a way to tell if I have them the right way around?

"vcc usb2-, usb2+, gnd, vcc usb1- usb1+" - all those will be labeled in the mobo manual. I had quite a time hooking all mine up (lights and front USB), but eventually you'll get it. It's just a matter of counting pins in the block of pins and being able to follow the + and - in the manual. If no manual, look on the internet- there will be a diagram somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom