Wtf??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yon

In Runtime
Comp takes ages to shut down! It also takes longer to start up 2. Temps are about 28*C when i shut down so it can't be that :(

When you have a lot of services that have to start up or shut down, that will make startup and shutdown times last longer. By removing programs that you dont use, you might be able to speed up your times. Also, you could reinstall Windows.

Edit: I just remembered that excessive amounts of fonts will slow down startup times.

Some PC's are slow booting and some are fast.

Depends on your hardware as well. If it's doing alot of stuff to hard ware, trying to boot off of different things, it gets slow.

Your BIOS, theirs settings that enable certain checks upon booting

Antivirus checks upon booting, yeah this does wonders to some PC's :p

How many services are you running? this affects your boot speed going into windows

And spyware, virus's and the age of the windows instalation also affect boot speed

My computers never boot fast. My laptop which is half the speed of my desktop, boots up in half the time my desktop does :/

If you are running a slow HDD (RPM and Cache), like me, it also slows down - shutdown times and loading times.

Have you tried typing in msconfig under start > run? Then going to start up and limiting the number of programs that boot with windows? Also how many programs do you have running at any given time? Are you sure its not spyware or a virus that could be doing this. Another good program to tell you if you need a to see what is running on your pc is procexp. This will break every task down into what is running it, and whether of not its a system task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom