Recycle Bin not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gill501

Baseband Member
I am running Windows XP Prof on my PB IMedia. Recently my Recycle Bin has been doing strange things.. it tells me I have 3 items in there yet when I open the bin there is nothing there, I hit "delete" to get rid of the items and nothing happens. The bin still "appears" full and still apparently has 3 items in it.
I did until yesterday have a ton of spy/adware on the machine so I'm sure this has been the cause of the problem, but.... I have cleaned my system of all spyware and bugs... I ran Adaware, Reg Mechanic, Norton 2004. My system now appears spotlessly clean but this little problem is still bugging me!
Any suggestions.... oh and rebooting doesn't work either.

i have that problem too sometimes.... i usually refresh the desktop after emptying the recycle bin and that usually works....

No that didn't work in this case. Thanks anyways.
Anyone have any other ideas?

Yes I have tried that to no avail too... I definately don't have a virus but something has seriously messed with my bin!! Grrr

If its just an annoying visual, either fallow monsters get rid of recycle bin or just change the full-recycle bin icon...easy.

If so go to start, run, type gpedit.msc. Go to user configuration, admin templates, desktop, remove recycle bin from desktop, enable it.

No I dont want to remove the bin, I just want to know why it says it has 3 items in it when it hasnt!

My tools-->folder options-->view settings are
check - display the contents of system folders
select - show hidden files and folders
uncheck - Hide extensions for known file types
uncheck - Hide protected operating system files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom