What is Making My computer run so SLOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexqd3

In Runtime
I have ad-aware, and all the other top brand adremovers that cnet recommended, and i have zonealarm, and norton antivirus 2005. On average my computer uses 230mb of my 512mb RAM that just turning on the computer, and running internet explorer. When I first got my laptop all I had to do was click on a folder and bam it was up, now there is a wait first. I have posted this same problem like 3 weeks ago and someone recommended that I defrag my computer, and to run my adremoving programs in safe mode. I must admit I did it and my computer was a little faster, but still not to where it was, and now it is back to being slower than when i defraged it. I have used 25 gigs. of my 60 gig. 4200rpm hard drive, do i need to clear up some stuff, do i need a faster hard drive, would the Ram upgrade i'm getting slove this problem, or do i just need to format my hard drive (last last choice.)

please help me. further spec of my computer is in my signature. thanks is advance.

Wait and try the memory upgrade. My desktop did the same thing and it worked for me. Do you have any programs like morpheus or kazaa cause thats what screwed up mine. So before you do anything else to it put in the memory upgrade.

DragoonKongol said:
Wait and try the memory upgrade. My desktop did the same thing and it worked for me. Do you have any programs like morpheus or kazaa cause thats what screwed up mine. So before you do anything else to it put in the memory upgrade.

Thanks i will wait

^i agree

you probably have to much crap starting up and running in the backround. plus norton and all that firewall crap in the backround. i would reload. memory is def NOT the problem

You should probolly reinstall windows, it requires it every once and a while

Also, you could be running soo much antispyware and antivirus that it's slowing your PC down

If you haven't formatted in the last 6 months do it, it does wonders for speed by getting rid of all the little unneseccary crap you download but never completely get rid of.

Yes. Backup your files, format and install. You don't need any more ram either. Make sure you use firefox or something instead of ie. That is probley most of your problem right there.

is there a way to clear up the things that starts up on my computer, and also is backing up just putting my files on something like my 20gig. mp3 player or is it something else (newbie). thanks in advance.

P.S my mp3 player can hold files besides music just in case (creative zen touch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom