New pc assembly help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Baseband Member
Ok, IÂ’ve just been trying to put together the following parts for our flats new pc that's been payed for with the next months meals budget:

Ebuyer spiderman case
Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester
Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA
2x512 corsair xms (DDR400 / PC3200)
PNY Verto GeForce 6 6600GT PCI-E 128MB GDDR3
THERMALTAKE 480W XASER SILENT
lg DVD burner

IÂ’ve put the mobo in, got the CPU all set up, the RAM in, power supply installed, and I think i have a few of the cord rights, but all the sudden I find myself overwhelmed with cords and holes that IÂ’m not sure what to do with. Its like IÂ’ve drawn a blank, the mobo instructions are a little too confusing for me and my case didnÂ’t come with any. It came about trying to figure out exactly how my SATA hard drive goes in, and it was just a red thin ribbon cord, but on the mobo there was another empty (a little wider also) slot and other cords and slots on the back of the hard drive itself. So I thought I would do that bit later and just do all those little cords that connect the case to the mother board, but I was a little confused by that as well, I didnÂ’t know where some of the plugs go, or which way around they were meant to slot in! I know it should be really easy, and the guides should tell me, but not everything is so clear to me in the guides, and I just feel a little lost with a bunch of expensive parts that I don't know how to put together!

Thin red wire from the SATA goes into the red port on the mobo (As seen in the pic).

asedf.jpg

Then the PSU connects to the SATA drive with its special adapter(that should have come with your mobo).

That's it for your SATA drive!

Ooops I put it in the black one on the bottem left! "Then the PSU connects to the SATA drive with its special adapter(that should have come with your mobo)." Do you mean the cord that comes out of the psu, one thats like the SATA plug but I bit longer? Because I already did that part, but I wasn't sure which one to use, as there was two on the one cord, so I used the end one (do I use the end on on the rest).

Ok, Im assuming I do not need to worry about the IEEE 1394 connector and the EZ ground connector, because I am only using the one 6600GT.

Err, not wanting to sound too new at this, but what is RAID for the SATA connectors (the red ones I think)?

I thought the black connectors were for RAID. Use whatever connector isnt for RAID.

The EZ ground connector sounds like something you need to ground the motherboard with. Check your manual for this one.

The IEEE 1394 port can be left unconnected to anything

As far as I can tell the EZ ground connector (to the right off the righthand videocard) is to ground the power from having two cards at once. So is that longer SATA plug for power? And if so, why does each one on the board have one? My case and hard disk were the only things to not come with books, and both are different to what I am used to

Sorry, I just realised what I said, and I answered my own question!

Anyway, I believe I am most done, and not wanting to flick the switch only to hear the sizzle and smell the smoke of melting platic, I thought I would post a picture for you to admire. The cords havn't been tied back, Im not sure how to do do it, but I'll sort that out myself. I think I'm not ever finised, as I seem to have a lot of cords hanging about the place?

serve.php

Eww stock heatsink :p

Now you need to connect all those little connectors from your case to your motherboard

It looks good - sata stuff which i dont know much about

Try not to build on a couch if you can, couch = static electricity

I put it up their for the photo, I've beeb breaking my back on my rubber floor when building it :(

Its a little confusing where all those little connectors go.

vcc usb2-, usb2+, gnd, vcc usb1- usb1+, tps, and all that. Although I did do P LED, IDE LED, RESET and PWRSW. A bit unsure about the speaker part though. And a bit unsure about those other bout 18 connectors. Im not even sure if I put the ones that are in already upside down or not!

I dont tend to even worry about the speaker

USB ones are for your USB, you dont need to worry about them, unless you want to use your front usb ports.

:) I dont have front usb ports, its a cheap case, but its a very nice cheap case :)

Im not sure if I am jumping the gun or not, but I plugged it all in, and pushed the cords as far to the side as I thought would be enough until I have time to spend doing it right. Sooo, switched it on, the little green mobo light comes on which means "Standby", although my psu fan dosn't spin and no noise is made. I press a fre power buttons, nothing happens. I know it is something simple, I put a conector in upside down, but I've tried flipping the powerSW one and nothing much happens. Any suggestions?

serve.php

serve.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom