Lines across laptop screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindApex

In Runtime
I keep getting this line across the bottom of my screen on my iBook G4. It goes away once you adjust the screen a bit upwards. It comes back when the screen is pushed back down or you push on the sides of the monitor. I've searched for a contact email at apple support but cant find any...what can be the problem?

What kind of lines are they? Black pixels, or kind of distorted colors?

If it's just kind of distorted colors, it could just be that there's pressure against the screen somewhere. This could be something as small as a pebble stuck between the screen and the frame.

If it's black/dead pixels, well, that's a whole different issue and hopefully you have a warranty on the screen.

Im thinking more like a broken wire in the video harness that is causing the pixels not to get power,,

I say this because you mentioned that it happens when you push the monitor back,,, this would cause the break in connection and loss of pixel,,

problem as casey states is that the notebook monitor is often hardwired with the harness,,, and changing the monitor is the surest method of getting the issue dealt with,,

however,, if it is anything like IBM,, notebook monitor replacements cost anywhere from 1K and up,,,

so,,, can you live with it?

or do you have money to spend?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom