Case Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser

Baseband Member
What is the difference between 80mm case fans and 120mm case fans? Where would you mount a 120mm case fan?

A larger fan is generally going to be quieter, and it'll presumably haul more air :confused:

You'd put it in a case with an appropriate slot for a 120mm fan (or build your own)...

CrashAbbott said:
LOL,,, nice one Doom

:)

Hey, which part of that was funny? :angry:

What I meant to say was the side panel (on your usual-sized ATX case) is the most obvious choice for a 120mm fan...

EDIT: Oh, and a 120mm fan is 40mm wider in diameter than an 80mm :snob:

Yeah you just cut a hole in the side of your case, with a sawsall, or sabersaw(dremals are for pansys). Drill a few holes or just super glue the fan to the side, plug it in to a power connector and your good to go. Make sure you throw away any fan gaurd that comes with it because its just something to block airflow. Don't worry if you have children because they will only stick their finger in one time.

Ok seriously now, cheap cases usually are setup for only 1 or 2 80mm case fans, but some of the higher end cases use 90, and 120mm fans, and have room for 3 and more fans. The larger the fan the slower it has to spin to get the same airflow of a smaller fan, slower a fan spins the less you hear it.

Yeah, thats the way to do it. MODD 120mm fans always work better. This way you can put them in the most effective place giving you great results. I have a Thermaltake Shark case witch is a full-tower. As of rite now i have 5 120mm fans being installed. I will have pix sometime this week.

agreed 120mm fans are the way to go. ive got 3 atm 1 on cpuu, 1 on back blowing onto cpu fron other direction and one in psu and im gonna get one for the front. the 3 of them are very very quiet are drowned out be a small 30mm fan on my mobo. because the 120mm fans are bigger they can push the same amount of air as a smaller fan but at a lower rpm therefore they dont make as much noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom