Windows Media DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
Wimdows XP pro + SP2 + Windows Media 10 + nVidia DVD player.

Tryng to play DVD's through Wnidows Media and keep getting
a message about region registration C00D1163 and it will not then play. My DVD's are all UK sourced and I haven't any idea how to resolve this.

Yes, of course, I probably can run Intervideo 6 or similar, but I invested in the nVidia DVD player.

Curiously the DVD's will run video in Real Player, but cannot get any sound! And it runs normally in Nero!!!!!

from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx#c00d1163_0x00000000

C00D1163: A problem occurred with digital copyright protection
A troubleshooter is available to help you solve this problem. To troubleshoot the problem, see the "DVD Troubleshooter" topic in Windows Help.

Notes

To play DVDs, you must have a DVD-ROM drive and a software or hardware DVD decoder installed on your computer. If you do not have a compatible DVD decoder installed, DVD-related commands, options, and controls do not appear in the Player and you cannot play DVDs. By default, Windows does not include a DVD decoder. For more information about DVD decoders, see Windows Help.
DVD playback is only available on select versions of Windows.

Unhelpful. I installed nvdiia DVD decoder, precisely because Media cannio itself play DVD's . The Windows Media decoder checker indicates it it "on".

All you have done above is to copy from the help files which do not mention the nVidia DVD decoder. Sorry

D.Arbib said:
Unhelpful. I installed nvdiia DVD decoder, precisely because Media cannio itself play DVD's . The Windows Media decoder checker indicates it it "on".

All you have done above is to copy from the help files which do not mention the nVidia DVD decoder. Sorry

with ungratefulness like this, I don't think anybody will help you. he just is trying to help you, whether his answer is right or wrong. at least he is pointing you in a direction

Thanks for your kindnoess. I am an old man of 71 years and not a distingushed expert as yourself - accordingly I bow my head and offer you a sincere apology.

My bloody mind decided that if Windows Media doesn't play DVD's
the Microsoft must be mad. So went into Registry H_KeyCurrent User/software\Microsoft\Media Player\Player\Settings and added a registry entry "enable DVDUI" Sz Yes. I know this sounds stupid coming from an old crock, but it works

As you say, nobody would come to assist me, so I have to try to help myself - pity though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom