Too Much FSB? Audio glitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace No-Money

In Runtime
When I overclock much farther than 2.2GHz (3200+ speeds) using 210 or biggers fsb, my audio glitches in games. All the audio sounds real muddy.

I enjoy having a nice overclock, but if it ruins my game audio then it's not worth it.

So much for buying that pc4400 in the future!
:(

what are the voltages that you are running? Especially w/ Bh-5 it like more voltages. Are you getting errors in any other apps?

Are you using a PCI audio card/integrated Audio. My bet is your AGP/PCI bus is not locked, and when you go past 210MHz it is screwing your PCI bus and the rest of your mobo. look into locking that bus if possible...

Isn't the bus locked already on this board?

i am using dolby 5.1 onboard soundstorm audio, but I only experience the glitching in games and not windows media player etc.

Ace No-Money said:
Isn't the bus locked already on this board?

i am using dolby 5.1 onboard soundstorm audio, but I only experience the glitching in games and not windows media player etc.

ah yah sry didn't notice your signature. what drivers are you using for audio? you might try the latest all-in-one drivers from nvidia for the NF2. I'm running the same board as you at a higher FSB and my audio is fine in games. if you have a different audio card plug it in and see fi it fixes it. might just be ur mobo, but that would be last option i tried.

my onboard on this replaced mobo sucked. I would be typing and it'd cause the audio to hang, so I popped in a new sound card and all is good..

Now if I can get this problem of the games to stop erroring with the higher FSBs I'll be home free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom