Web site crashes IE 6 XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gfrideric

Beta member
OK, that I can understand. Except when I access the same site (a) using IE5 and W98, or (b) under aol, which also invokes IE6,
then all is cool!
The crash is:
The instruction at "(whatever)" references memory
at "(whatever)" that could not be "read"
???

Welcome to Win98, would you like to try our new McSh*t value meal?

and AOL on top if it. very sad.

Lostman, let me clarify my configuration. I have 2 networked PC's, one an old PII running W98, the other a 2.1GHz P4 running XP. I have a DSL connection on the P4. Aol is for historical reasons. To reiterate: the websites in question (there are actually several of them) work jes fine on the McSh*t systems, and crap out on the P4 using latest & greatest IE

PS. I have upgraded to IE6 on the W98 system, and it still works. Netscape 7.0 also craps out on the XP system (crashes to desktop with no error message). So it looks like this is not a problem with the websites and not a browser issue, but an XP issue of some kind. My XP maintenance is right up to date, but
the problem has been there consistently since before SP1.

BTW, when I try to apply Netscape maintenance, that crashes to desktop as well.

yeah sounds about right to me too. even though it reports bad memory error it's probably your operating system is corupted. that is not uncommon, i think i've even gotten that several times with win98. you should save all your data and do an operating system reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom