Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian88

Solid State Member
hello guys,First time on this forum here,and i think that i already have quite an hard issue here.

About 2 weeks ago,my computer started to act up.
It started to freeze at random times.No movement on the screen,and no sound from my speakers
Mostly for about 10 seconds.

A few days after the first freezes,my computer started to freeze period,No matter what i did,i didnt unfroze or anything.

Then the long time wrecking procces of trouble shooting began.
My first thought was that i might had some conflicting drivers,I went true my Device managed but found no corrupt things.

So i thougt it had to be hardware related.First i bought a new MoBo and a new CPU.
An Asus K8N and an AMD Athlong 64+ 2800

I know that these specs arent to great,but im a student,i dont have a lot of money.

My system still kept freezing after this upgrade.
I thought that it might be my memory.So i tried booting up my computer on only 1 stick of ram. And it froze again....So i thought that it might be the memory. So i basicly pulled it out,and stuffed in my other ram......Tobad it froze again.
Then i used my Brothers ram and tobad..........it froze again.So it couldnt be my memory either. (unless i tried 3 corrupt sticks of ram.)

So,next i replaced my HDD. From an 40gb IDE to 80GB sata, but tobad it still kept freezing at random times.

I tried to boot up my system with my brothers Gfx card,but my computer still kept freezing.

Then,I figured out....that it might be my PSU,after all,Connecting a Musketeer II, Aerogate II 2 cd players,1 HDD,and a mobo +cpu to a 400watt PSU couldnt be correct.

So last night i only plugged my mobo + cpu + Cd-rom + HDD in to my
PSU,and it didnt froze at all..........untill 2 hours ago. And it even started to freeze at boot-up!

im seriously desperate right now,and i hope that one of you techies can help me!

Cheers,
Brian

p.s Here is my Dxdiag,if u need more from it,please post

:)

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/6/2005, 21:04:57
Machine name: SICKMONKEY
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer Inc.
System Model: K8N
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/04/04 14:10:12 Ver: 08.00.09
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 180MB used, 2790MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

My situation is a lot like this right now. I thought I needed a new PSU outright, but I can't tell because my card isn't here right now. The freezing started happening after I bought my new mobo and AMD64.

*bump*

My computer keeps freezing,i bought a new 550watt PSU but it doesnt changes a thing.
I replaced every single part of my computer!! :'(

I think Somthing fishy is going on with xp or somthing , somtimes ill go through this period of my computer freezing and rebooting , other times it will just freez , never in windows desktop , only in games and not all games , anyways , after a day or so it will just stop doing it and computer will run perfectly , this has happened on a couple of my computer builds and never really figured out what it was.

And one day I was on a game playin along and all of a sudden about 5 other ppl started talking about how there computers would just randomly reboot or freez up , first thing that came to my mind is a new virus noone knows about yet , ya never know , it just seemed wierd that 5 ppl on the same game server started talking about how they are all haveing the same problem.

hehe,i think i found the problem.......

Pirate software wont make your computer run any better :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom