Are these high temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, turn off that PC. Something's wrong. Did you put the themal grease under you're heatsink? Is the fan facing the right way? How are your system fans configured? You should have the rear blowing out and the front/side fans as intake. Top fan blows out too.

my P4 used to run at about 70 with stock cooling but after adding a few fans to my case (can get case fans real cheap) i ended up getting my cpu to run at less then 45... turns out i forgot to put any case fans in there when i built the lil bugger... ^_^ 70 is somewhat high, it this at idle or at load... if it's at idle i recomed doing something quickly b4 you end up screwing up the processor... i almost fried mine when i realized that one day mine topped out at like 85+ ::eek:uch::... i'm lucky i caught it...

my computer CPU runs at roughly 60 degrees while idle, and when using most programs usualy goes to between 70 and 80, its been like this since ive had it which was from about a year ago, and no damage has been done to it. so although it may seem like a high temp it;ll be fine.

Im reply to Jobmitsuo - Fans make almost no difference to CPU temps, I aded 4 fans to my case all facing the cpu, and it made the average temp go down by just 2 degrees.

Also Pentium 4's have built in safety systems which slow the processor down if it gets over a certain temeperature. I did once get it to 90 degrees and that was when I felt the safety kick in, you could visibly see a difference in programs running on screen.

the stock coolers are always known to be rubbish from both amd and intel so ive got a aftermarket one for every comp ive built. my 3200 is running at 29C but its a winchester and known to be cool. u should try taking the heatsink off and repositioning with some good thermal compound on and if that doesnt help very much ul have to get a better heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom