Onboard Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Solid State Member
I have been searching for the last two days to find an onboard sound driver for my HP. The model name is a Pavilion 512c. I've search all of www.driversguide.com and downloaded around 30 drivers and to no avail. TriGem Imperial with 845GL video and AD1886 (AC'97) onboard sound is all the detail I know about the computer. I'm in desprite need of sound. Can anyone help me? Operating System is Windows XP.

What OS are you running? XP is real good about throwing generic drivers at devices it doesn't recognize.

did you check in the most obvious place hp.com? it basically says hp drivers are updated through windows updates OR it's own recovery app. i don't think i can link to this page so i will post it here:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
drivers and downloads for
hp pavilion 512c desktop PC (US/CAN)

HP Pavilion Desktop PCs - Not Finding Your Software and Drivers?

HP publishes updates to Pavilion Desktop software and drivers. If no updates are available, you already have the latest software and drivers from HP on your system.

HP Pavilion systems with Windows XP do not come with recovery CDs. Use the following steps to restore a software application or driver in Windows XP:

Click Start, All Programs, HP Tools, and then Application Recovery.

In the Recovery window, select either Drivers or Applications as desired and click Next.

Select the software driver or application that is to be reinstalled and click Next.

The driver or application will automatically be installed. Some programs will take longer to install than others.

You may also obtain updated software and drivers from the manufacturer of the specific software or hardware, or by using Windows Update.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried most of those suggestions except the one about Window Update! The first place I stopped was www.hp.com, and it told me to go to Start, All Programs, then HP Tools. I didnt have Hp Tools, and I dont know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom