Problem with new memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, my kingston has an SPD table of 2-2-2-5 timings for PC2100, 2.5-3-3-7 for PC2700, and 3-3-3-8 for PC3200.

SPD stands for "Serial Presence Detection" by the way and basically tells your computer at what default speeds to put the RAM at for anyone wanting to know.

Have you tried putting in the 3200 by itself...manually underclocking it down to PC2100 speeds. THEN putting in the PC2100?

How do u manually underclock the 3200 once I put it in. (right now im just using that).

But then thing is, when my computer boots up, it counts the amount of memory I have, and its speed, which is at 266MHz, so Im guessin its already underclocked by the mobo

and my mobo is a gigabyte 54x for the p4

You'd get better results just running the 3200 stick alone without underclocking I bet.

not if his board only supports PC2100 then it's just underclocking the PC3200 anyway.

Should have an option in your BIOS to underclock it. Gotta check the manual on how to set DRAM clock

Nubius said:
not if his board only supports PC2100 then it's just underclocking the PC3200 anyway.

Should have an option in your BIOS to underclock it. Gotta check the manual on how to set DRAM clock

Forgot about that :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom