Did my card go "Pop"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Ti 4600 go up in smoke on me after about 4 months of operation , dont worry about it , it happens , just the way electronics are , parts can fail at anytime , I really wish the companys would take more time to burn the cards in and do extensive testing , but since these are considered class 1 consumer products they most likely only do a visual inspection of the card to make sure all parts are where they should be and pass it on .

Time = money

I'm sure they do spend what they consider an optimal amount of time considering how many cards come off the line working quite well

Replacing one card to keep a customer satisfied is no skin off these guys backs, plus I'm quite certain they have no way of telling if a GPU was tweaked or not before the failure.

I honestly think that the card is overheating because the heatsink fan died on you, that's all.

They dont have a way of testing if the GPU was tweaked or not in 99% of cases. It's software :) unless you flash your bios.

Nubius said:
Time = money

I'm sure they do spend what they consider an optimal amount of time considering how many cards come off the line working quite well

Oh I know all to much how stuff works , Iv worked for HP and Phillips and a place called Eldec , Test and repairing , The crap we let go through HP was insane < class 1 and 2 . But Phillips and Eldec where Class 3 electronics that required extensive testing to make sure they never fail < millitary and medical .

Overclocking is detectable, but I'm clean.

What they can detect is what part of the graphic card is stopping the electricity from flowing, so we'll see.

But Phillips and Eldec where Class 3 electronics that required extensive testing to make sure they never fail < millitary and medical .
yeah but obviously medical and military will have a lot more presidence than a graphics card for joe blow, so extensive testing on those I would expect nothing less.

Overclocking is detectable, but I'm clean.

What they can detect is what part of the graphic card is stopping the electricity from flowing, so we'll see.
Nah, they honestly dont have the time to go and play sleuth to see if you OC'd it. They normally pop it into a computer, if it doesn't run or shows completely garbeled then it's labeled junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom