Weird problem with my old PlexWriter RW 4/2/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breadfan

Beta member
Hi!

I recently got this problem with my PlexWriter -> Windows XP suddenly stopped detecting it, ie. reporting error in LSI Logic device saying "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use".

I didn't install any of the new hardware so this got me pretty confused. I even disabled tons of devices in the Device manager list but it didn't solve the problem.

My PlexWriter was working just fine untill this problem appeared.

Now, could it be that something I installed recently (software) messed things up?

Hmmm...XP usually has all drivers when it comes to detecting SCSI devices and I did reinstall it but without any success.

Thx,

Breadfan

Lostman said:
How old is the drive?

You a Metallica fan?

1. 5 yrs old I'd say but it worked perfectly just before it happened

2. Yes, I used to big fan of theirs and do listen to them
occasionally (when I listen music at all :p )

Breadfan

Is it showing up in your BIOS? 5 years is a long life for a CDROM that you probably use everyday.

yeah, that thing is prolly burned up, i would try it on a different computer before you trash it, lol

It worked perfectly fine in Windows XP although it was not detected in BIOS. I'm sure this is sime minor thing I missed spotting..I hope some could give a more helpful advice but comments of how old it is and what should I do with it..

Breadfan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom