Problem with GA7VT600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution21

Beta member
Hi all!!!

I bought a gigabyte GA7VT600 1394 for my hp that I put into a new case. The hp had an Athlon XP 3200+. I upgraded to 1 GB of memory, corsair value select. I have a Radeon 9550 SE. Im going to upgrade to 6600GT in March. Whenever I have this motherboard in my computer for at least 15 min, it shuts down and restarts. The psu in my case is a 420 Watt and I have tested the mobo with my hp psu which is like in the 200s and that did the same thing. I returned the mobo to Gigabyte for repair and they said that it worked fine in their computers but still had the same prob in mine. PLEASE help me. Im thinkin of buying a new psu or heatsink b/c heat might be a prob. Please help me out.

Hey Revolution! (Revolution is in my CSS clan) I think you should replace those fans in the front and back of your case, just in case it's an issue with cooling. I don't know though, it could be your PSU :confused:

-Dan The Man

what do u mean make sure its not cooling
i cant put the new mobo in now if thats what i need to test stuff and what does memtest do

If it is a cooling issue, you need to check the heatsink & fan - check specifications of the heatsink/fan & make sure it is adequate for your CPU.
You should also put some thermal compound between the heatsink & the CPU, particularly if the heatsink has been removed at any point.

memtest86 is a DOS based program thats tests your RAM. If you are certain its not a cooling problem then it would be wise to run this. If it is bad RAM, you should get the shutdown problem running it in a pure DOS enviroment because it uses far less memory than windows.
You can download memtest86 by following this link :
http://www.memtest86.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom