Burnt image not visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monghead

Solid State Member
First off sorry if this has been asked before but I did a search and nothing came up.
I have been burning ISO images etc with nero and alchohol 120%. Unfortunatly the latest ones are not able to be seen once they are on the cd. The cd info says "523mb used 0 free" when i read the cd in the drive but there is nothing visible in the window. All my old stuff is ok and auto runs when I enter the cd but the new stuff just won't work. I have a samsung combo 332 b and it is up to date with drivers and firmware. What have I set wrong ? any ideas?

I am using nero vers 6 (Demo) and alchohol 120%. Programs burnt with both don't show up although cd has data on.

als o when I insert a burnt cd , it is read (the light spins) and the cd name changes from "Compact disc (D:)" to "CD (D:)"

i'm a bit confused. i think you are saying, any new cd's you make recently have no contents on them when trying to access them on the cd-rom drive right?

it sounds like some software is interferring with the cd-burning process. i don't know if reinstalling alchohol or nero would fix it but you can try. can you see the contents of the CD on another computer? it might just be easier to reinstall the operating sysem than trying to find out what is wrong with it, if that is an option for you.

can you remember if the problem happened after you install a program or updated a driver?

but than again..... that might not even solve your problem because you said you updated drivers AND firmware. this is a common mistake with computer users, they assume having the latest software is good. with computers and many other things in life newer is not always better. the old saying applies here, "don't fix it if it ain't broke". they only time i would update something is if there was a problem with it.

so basically what i am saying is that most likely the new drivers you installed is what's messing it up. you can either uninstall them, which sometimes might be imposibble. or you can reinstall windows after carefully saving all data on your computer.

I have just tried to run them on another pc and got "device not accesible" message but putting in an audio or older game cd works fine. Did I have settings in nero wrong?

no i dont think your setting are wrong because using the alchohol program doesn't work either. i would think its because you updated a driver and that is causing some problems

i do not see any reason to update cd-rom/ dvd-rom drivers because they run fine without them. all that is needed to burn cd's/ dvd's is the burning software.

is there any way to uninstall the drivers? or do you know how to reinstall your operating system using a restore cd or operating system CD?

I have tried to revert to the old driver but as soon as |I reboot windows installs the newer ones. I do have the recovery cd given by pc MFTR but what would that do if I just chose operating system restore?

i would guess it would just restore the operating sysem and MAYBE leave the applications alone. but don't trust my word on that, you might lose all of your applications and any files on the operating system drive. but if you save all you data to another drive i would just go for it, but instead use full recovery option to restore all the applications and operating system because i think the drivers are the problem. you would have to reinstall all the applications over again. this might be the only fix to your problem. it's really up to you what you try just remeber to save your data before you do, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom