Got a friend that is wanting me to put Xp and a 120gig harddrive-on his 400mhz comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron

Baseband Member
Let me get this right...

put in harddrive

put in boot disk

install xp

open up comp and find out what drivers I need? for video audio ect...

install programs he wants...

then give it back...

/boggle I have reformatted lots of harddrives but never installed a new one and odn't wanna appear as a newb

I got a burned copy of XP and it is a winrar archive...anyway to use this cd? It is legit, I made a backup along timeago and the other one was lost ?

Any answers to that

Hmm well if there's a DOS program that can extract winrar archives, then copy the archive from the CD to the hard drive and use the program off the disk to extract it and run setup directly from the hard drive. Otherwise, you could convert the winrar archive into a .zip file and use pkunzip to unpack it.

it's probably an .iso file. burn it with nero or mount it with alcohol 120.

all i got to say is, windows xp would lag your friends comp like crazy, because how weak the processor is you know, but i dont know about the hard drive that should work i suppose, nothing wrong with putting in a new and improved harddrive...

IntelUser101 said:
all i got to say is, windows xp would lag your friends comp like crazy, because how weak the processor is you know, but i dont know about the hard drive that should work i suppose, nothing wrong with putting in a new and improved harddrive...

A 400mhz machine will run XP just fine as long as you have enough RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom