PC Shuts down after 30sec of boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you have a faulty PSU, try swapping it with one that you know for sure is working (see if you can borrow your friends' 400W).

Elbatrop,

You stole my post.

Rule out the PSU first. If you can egt hold of one, try using a different processor as well. That way you can rule out a bad mobo.

Try using your processor in a different rig, to make sure it is working right.

It stills sounds like a PSU failure of some sort, though. I could be wrong...

All my stuff is brand new so I can't exactly start putting stuff in other machines, considering all my stuff is only capatible with all the newest stuff. Like my Processor is a socket 775 so... And my friend lives in England, and I'm in the US, so I can't exactly borrow his. And the PSU I'm on now is only a 160W so I don't think that will run anything, but I can try.

Auman,

160 will probably power your mobo, processor, and heat sink fan. That's all you need in order to test it.

True, but I'm going to need RAM and my graphics card in there aswell otherwise I won't get a picture on my monitor.

Well rule out the bad PSU because I put my old 160W into this PC with only the processor, and HSF, and CD-ROM and HDD and it still did the same thing, so we need to figure something else out...

:( Auman

Okay, well I have an LCD temperature display, and I was checking the readins on it, and my processor, HDD, and Gfx chip all read about the same at 75 F which was about 25.5 C. I don't think that was very hot, but I'm not an expert. I was also running the PC w/o the side panel on, and I saw that the HSF was running perfectly fine. So we can rule out the HSF and the PSU as being bad. Now what else could be the problem?

-Auman

As I said before if you would read the above posts, I can't get into BIOS because the PC shuts down after less than 30seconds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom