Need Help Please, Weird Hardware Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbc

Baseband Member
Hi,
I have a problem with P30 Toshiba laptop, and problem is with the DVD Rom and TV Tuner.
DVD will not read disc or, will only read partial of the disk if the tv tuner is installed (into the battery compartment).
If I take out the TV tuner, the dvd will work flawlessly.

I have changed to a new motherboard, new dvd, even new tuner, but same problem exist. Updated bios, drivers for the hardwares etc...

Tried to install a different version of OS (WIN XP) but same problem.

The original OS of the system is Windows XP with media centre.

Please help me or advice me what else I can do to solve this problem? as I am very frustrated with this problem. In the device manager, it didn't show any conflicts between the two hardwares, but once the tuner is installed, sometimes it will not recognise the dvd, or it will recongnize it as cd drive

Any help will be greatly greatly greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
TBC...

why do u need the DVD rom and TV tuner working at the same time? im not saying thy shouldnt.. thy prolly should be.. but im curiouse why u need it to?

How many IRq's does your mobo support? Laptob mobos can be exceptionaly limited compared to desktop pcs

mmm... not trying to work both of them at the same time, just that the design of the tv tuner is to fit in the compartment where you normally put battery in a laptop. When the tv tiner is in the compartment the dvd will not work!

that is a good question, I am not sure how many IRQ is there for this mobo. But I think it should be enough, else Toshiba will not put out these extra accesories to go with the laptop? haha I hope I am right... else..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom