2.4 Celeron running at 3.6Ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

none67

Solid State Member
Hey, ok in light of my new computer knowledge (which is a little limited lol..) I decided to play with the BIOs on my parents computer.. I set the CPU frequency from "default" to "200MHz" and it started running at 3.6 GHz! Is this a normal thing? I changed it back, but i'm afraid I may have hurt something, is this possible?

Its just a 2.4 Intel Celeron D...

Thanks.

Well, I only had it running for about 2 min. max. Just woundering if I could have hurt it.. its not really my computer. I was just looking at the BIOs and got carried away lol..

Oh? I didn't mean to, I thuoght it might run at like 2.5-2.6 or somthing.. just doing some tests and learning as I go.. As long as I didn't hurt anything..

But yea, 2.4 to 3.6. Booted fine.. and really fast haha.

lol u over clocked your celeron, its ok if u did but then u would need some crazy heatsink's and fans all over your parts to keep them cool.
Nothing bad will happen since it was on 2min max.

that would really shorten the life of your chip i wouldnt recomend it without a really massive heatsink. You could try upping it to 2.8 or 3.0 ghz, thats more realistic, but i would still recomend a better heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom