Do Not Buy Alienware!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-L are no longer. I'd rather have a Falcon or a Voodoo than an Alienware anyday.

Most of all, I'd rather build my own comp and get twice as fast parts or twice as many parts as you pay for Alienware's comps. IE: My sis bought an Alienware rig after I custom built my rig, she got a 3.2E P4, 200 Gig HDD, 1 Gig DDR, and whatnot and while she was telling me this, I was telling her that I have all that and then some for half the price!!!

ohGrFreak said:
Most of all, I'd rather build my own comp and get twice as fast parts or twice as many parts as you pay for Alienware's comps. IE: My sis bought an Alienware rig after I custom built my rig, she got a 3.2E P4, 200 Gig HDD, 1 Gig DDR, and whatnot and while she was telling me this, I was telling her that I have all that and then some for half the price!!!

What i don't like is you don't get to choose the specifics. Say you want a Maxtor HDD, but Alienware only uses Western Digitals in there rigs. how nice is that? Say i want PQI memory, but i can only choose Corsair. I want the eVga 6600GT, not the MSI one. that just kills the fun of using a computer, if you can't even choose brand loyalty.

Nubius said:
Muahahaha Sui!!! I can set up a shotgun for ya for the low low price of my patented ET-ware overclocked 12 gauge!

Only $50,000!

is it watercooled? :D

whats sad is that page actually sounded belivable if I didn't know anything about computers. Except they would combine steps on their computers timeline, and spead it out paper thin for building your own. Ohh well its just as bad as dell, compaq, and all the other big names offering a top of the line processors with integrated graphics on there own 20 dollor motherboards. I know they did slow down on that kind of crap though.

I would much rather build my own and tweak it, take that away and you take away all my fun.

I charge like 50 bucks tops to sit down with a client, pick out parts, and build and make sure it runs for them, and I feel like I'm overcharging my service. =/

ohGrFreak said:
GO-L are no longer.

yeah, but for some reason they keep coming back. they are getting relocated and I bet their stuff will be even more expensive this time around. You can build your own rig, but building your own laptop can run you into quite a few problems. This is where alienware voodoo and go-l come in...so I give them praise for their top of the line lappys and design.

gaara said:
I would much rather build my own and tweak it, take that away and you take away all my fun.

I charge like 50 bucks tops to sit down with a client, pick out parts, and build and make sure it runs for them, and I feel like I'm overcharging my service. =/

and how do you find your clients? honestly, I would like to know =)

psht 50 bucks is ridiculously cheap.

I charged $150 because I had to sit down, pick out all the parts they needed for the machine. From scratch whole new PC. Find out what they use it for things like that.

Have them send me the money, buy the parts, slap it all together which can be a few hour job, install windows and anything else they might need, and ship it off.

Course if someone came to me in person I'd probably go cheaper, but best buy charges like $50 an hour, and if I woulda gone that price I would had to charge him like $300 lol

lol i know another guy on a diff site named "Praetor" he charges $100-150 an hour just for building/service/maintenance. I guess around where he lives there is no competition, cuz' he says he gets a decent amount of customers.

When I built my first computer (the one I am typing from) I had never taken a heatsink off the cpu, never taken a motherboard out/ put one in. never put a cpu in and put the adhesive on it. the only things I had done with a computer was taking out a HD, taking out a CD drive, adding/removing ram, and adding a video card.
When I finally built it, it went like a breeze. it is only hard if you know absolutely nothing about the inside of a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom