cpu trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry5739

In Runtime
i just needed some suggestions on how to maybe fix this...my computer will shut off 5 seconds after i hit the power button if i change the cpu setting in the bios..i have an amd 2700 and i set the fsb to 166 since becuz 2700 has 333 FSB..if i leave the bios settings alone at the 100 fsb settins then everything works fine..its when i change the fsb that i get the shutdown...my mother board is a PCchips tidalwave "w30"..in case that matters

Never heard of that mobo. Sounds like it's simply overheating unless your PSU isn't up to par or something which I doubt is the case here, unless it's simply dying.

Check your temps when it's at 200FSB, if they are high, then it is infact overheating once you set it to it's correct FSB

im not sure how to check the temp besides in the bios..can i check the temp while im booted up and stuff..??? if so.then how?

the BIOS is where you'd want to read temps anyway. As other motherboard monitoring programs generally read from the same diode that the BIOS does.

You can try motherboard monitor 5 or speedfan, but I don't know if that motherboard brand is listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom