more fps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

crow0021

In Runtime
i want to get more fps in games. for now, i'm not going to oc my bfg with the stock cooler. its hot enough and i don't want to void my warranty by changing hsf. if i start oc'ing my cpu and ram, will i see a good increase in fps?

No it would not offer a good FPS increase except in a CPU limited area. OC'ing your card is pretty safe, they have NO way of telling that you OC'ed it more.

Also if you buy a custom heatsink, if you even need to RMA your card (after 5 years that thing will fry, guarnteed) just slap the old one back on

i ran aquamark03 which i think (can't quite remember) it gives u a score for a cpu and video. i think my cpu score was higher than my video but not by much. this means the card and cpu are balanced, not bottle-necking each other? if so, i won't achieve better video performance with a faster cpu/ram??

You don't get more FPS from a CPU or RAM really. If it's OC'd that means it'll eliminate chances of the CPU or RAM causing a bottleneck for the graphics card, but I wouldn't expect to see a huge jump in FPS or anything.

OC'ing the graphics card is your best chance of getting more FPS, but with a 6800GT you shouldn't be lagging in anything anyway

Try overclocking your GPU unit a touch using the software what you get with it.

crow0021 said:
i want to get more fps in games. for now, i'm not going to oc my bfg with the stock cooler. its hot enough and i don't want to void my warranty by changing hsf. if i start oc'ing my cpu and ram, will i see a good increase in fps?

What kind of problems are you having with your 6800GT? I wouldn't think you would have lag problems with that card.

my gt is being good now. but sometimes i get a drop in fps during alot of action. it doesn't happen alot, but sometimes. i'd like it to never drop below 60fps. just smooth as silk all the time.

In what games? I would think his processor would bottleneck if he was doing games like HL2.

In HL2 playing with pysics, i get down to 9 fps on my 3400 OC'ed to 3800 :lol: (using 3rd party mod to let me do everything)

DJ-CHRIS said:
In what games? I would think his processor would bottleneck if he was doing games like HL2.

In HL2 playing with pysics, i get down to 9 fps on my 3400 OC'ed to 3800 :lol: (using 3rd party mod to let me do everything)

9 FPS in HL2!?!?! What card are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom