Temp sensor's

Status
Not open for further replies.

fu77ier

Baseband Member
Hi just received my fan controller and am trying to work out how to fit the temp sensors.

Where do i stick the case sensor and where do i fit the cpu temp sensor do i have to take of my heatsink and put it on the cpu.

case sensor is just meant to hang in the case and get the ambient air.

The CPU sensor can sometimes be fit in the middle of the socket, meaning you gotta take out the cpu, fit the wire between the pins, so that the sensor is in the middle of the socket under the CPU, some wires are too thick though and obviously this isn't an option.

Other best bet is to try and get the sensor next to the CPU die. NOT ON IT though.

Get it next to the die if you can because there's that tiny amount of space between the CPU and the heatsink due to the core being raised.

If yours has a heatspreader on it, then you'd have to simply attach it to the side of the heatspreader or something.

Don't crush the sensor though

Right ill give it ago !

Im just sorting my fan controller out and found that my case fans are connected using a molex 2 wire connector black and red and yet the fan controller wire has a connection on it like the mobo 3 wire fan connector red black and yellow .

Now i have cut and stripped the wires and connected just the red and black and it seems to work so whats the yellow wire for ?

I've always just attached thermal probes to the heatsink.

I also think that putting the thermal probe for your case at the top would be beneficial because hot air rises, and you'll get a more accurate reading in my opinion than placing it in the bottom or in a spot where a fan is blowing air on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom