Laggy x800 XTPE for FarCry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rememberme

In Runtime
Afternoon peeps,

My current rig is my signature (-512MB of RAM). I installed FarCry and updated the ATI drivers and patched the game to 1.3 - I have the details set to 'High' (not 'Very High') and the game seems quite jumpy... Is this because of the card of another factor?

My system spec is quite respectable apart from the lame 512MB of PC3200 - would it be this amount of RAM causing the problem of jumpyness???

Device Manager says my current display driver is "6.14.10.6505" coud a guru tell me if that is the latest one/the one I want?? Relating to that driver - the software does not seem to run. I get an error saying cant start CIN (or CIS?) something to do with what ATI installed. Is this common?

XP Pro Edition SP1

Thanks!

Your computer is very much like mine. I installed the demo and put everything on very high. It all worked w/out any jumping. Maybe there is Ram issue?

Yeah on the super intensive games like that 512mb could actually hinder the gameplay somewhat, but it shouldn't make it like, horribly laggy, atleast I wouldn't think so.

Don't know squat about ATI, so couldn't tell ya about the drivers

Nah its not awful, just irritating. If you shoot someone with the colt, you sometimes get a 2 second freeze while the computer copes with the shells and fire bursts.

Today it crashed when a grenade went off. Straight into a reboot... The didgy stick of RAM is getting sent back. Makes me wish I spent more on decent stuff.

Get 1gig of ram. Mine has the same problems. It lags when it reads the hard drive instead fo the ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom