Music Hardware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would second DJ_CHRIS's recommendations for a the Shure SM-58

But instead of the Behringer Pre amp, I would suggest you go for a Behringer Mini Mixer instead, this will allow your daughter to adjust the levels as well as connect other devices. I woulde even go as far as to recommend the either the Behringer Eurorack UB1002 Mixer or the Behringer Eurorack UB1202

my brother is very into recording, his new cd comes out later this year (self released, but the last two have sold fairly well) The quality of audio is fantastic and all he uses is a Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2. Though I have heard good things about the m-audio card, but would say that if the m-audio is waayy more expensive than the audigy2 then i would go with the audigy 2 as have never had any probs recording using one.

As far as software goes, personally I think the best mixing/recording software is Cool Edit Pro as this allows multi channels and is easy to use and manipulate the recordings. It also offers a good range of filtering options for getting rid of hiss and pops etc.

and if she wants to make music for backgrounds to songs i would recommend Reason 2.0, it really is a fantastic package

Reason 2.0 and Cool edit pro are no more :/
It's now reason 2.5 and Adobe bought the rights to cool edit pro, so they now call it Adobe audition

I still believe, why get a mixer if you are only using one audio source? Also why get a card that's meant for surround sound and gaming if you are using only mono recording?

The 2496 I liked to is around the same price, but better sound quality and only the essential features.

Thanks for the info, Im learning a lot from all of you. AdamM , She has a low end yamaha keyboard that is awesome. She uses it for drums , bass, piano, and synth. She has an ovation legend acoustic / electric guitar that I gave her when she was 16. But to answer your question, she does both instrumental and electronic .
If anyone knows the prices of the equipment being posted that would help me out even more.I only have one phone line and my internet time is limited. Btw dj-chris ,her machine is win me and she just couldnt figure out protools.

DJ-CHRIS, I finally had the time to follow all of your links. You put me on the right track. Ill start out with a shure mic and add from there. Behringer seems to have what im looking for also. Thanks again for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom