Where's a cheap computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line? Go to WalMart.

I know, I know....but if she only needs the basics, a HP or Compaq bundle that WalMart carries will do the trick. You might even find an eMachine or two.

Check out online resellers as well. www.techforless.com and www.retrobox.com are two for starters, but the systems at RetroBox do not have OS's with them...but for less than a grand she could buy a decent laptop, or a PC and monitor and have enough left for plenty of software.

im tellin ya get the mini its great just for that type of stuff and she wont have to worry about viruses or spyware, and no crashes!!

but all she is doin is surfing the web and word proccessing id go witht he mini mac

Have her look at e-machines as well

I am using an eMachine. It ain't top of the line, but it does the basics really good. You can see by my signature that i have modified it a little bit...memory, DVD, video card.

The Mini Mac does not come with a monitor...or keyboard...or mouse. $799 sounds high though. I heard $499.

I have given my recomendations. I would seriously check RetroBox...and check often, as their inventory moves in and out.

oh, OK...makes sense now.

Check with online computer manufactureres (ibuypower, cyberpower, Monarch, etc) and look at their low-end systems.

Also, check NewEgg. ComputerShopper has NewEgg listed as first in
Core Components,
Best Place To Buy Software,
Digital Gear,
Overal Place To Buy Online,

and runner-up in
Best Place To Buy Desktops,
Best Place To Buy Notebooks,
Peripherals

in the Febuary issue 2004 Shopper's Choice Awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom