Palm vs. Clie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavilach

In Runtime
Palm vs. Clie?
Palm built-in keyboard vs. Clie built in keyboard?
Palm OS vs. Clie's modified OS?
Palm looks vs. Clie looks.
Palm compatibility with Macs vs. Clie compatibility with Macs?
Palm vs. Clie vs. Zaurus vs. Pocket PC?

:)

Palm price vs. Clie price... lol

Palm. Unless money is no object, then Clie.

(I am biased to Sony though.)

Well, I have had several friends own a palm, and a few of those same friends own a Clie... they say there is no comparison, and from what I've played around with (I don't own one) I would have to say the same. Clie's are just bad (as in good). However, there are more accessories for Palm.

Accessories shmessories, I don't have enough $$ to buy me tons of accessories.

I'm thinking about getting a TG-50 Clie, btw. Not too expensive, still great.

Clie's are just bad (as in good)
Haha..

Spend a few extra $ and get an HP PPC. I've toyed with the Palm OS and it's very limited. As much as I hate MS, Pocked PC 2002 is by far the best OS for handhelds, though I have not tried the linux based OS used on some of the newer PPC's.

I used to feel the same way (about getting a Pocket PC), but...I've drastically changed my view. This is why:

-My hatred for Microsoft has truly grown after reading this article: http://www.windows-sucks.com/content/whatsbad.shtml

-Palm OS has gotten amazingly RAM-efficient, with much smaller loading times than equivalent Pocket PCs (obviously due to the minimalistic sizes of Palm OS applications)

-Palm is innovative. Microsoft is not.

-I am really, really into Macs now. And Pocket PCs just don't go well visually, mentally, or physically with Macs.

-Documents to Go synchronizes Word and Excel documents better than Microsoft's own Pocket Word and Pocket Excel. This is a fact, by the way...Pocket Word and Excel mess up formatting after the document is synced back up with the computer, while Documents to Go doesn't.

-The Palm interface is less cluttered and more task-oriented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom