Intels running hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know man. My 2400+ XP would be running 55C idle and 64C on full load when it was stock cooling, no OC, inside a case with no other fans.

I got more fans and an aftermarket heatsink and it gave me like 50C idle and 55-58C full load.

I resat it a ton of times too. Some of those XPs just burn hot I guess

yikes thats a lot hotter than mine with stock. im doing all my ocing with stock 1 120mm fan and 1 80mm fan (both probebly crap quolity) and im getting temps of 38 idle and 42 load at stock speeds.

DAMN, my bro has a Prescott 3.2GHZ and his runs at 55*C idle and i have a northwood p4 2.6 oc'd to 3.0 and it runs at 44*C idle. I hate prescotts, they suck even though they have more cache , my 2.6 oc'd to 3.0 runs faster than my bros, and he overclocks to 3.6 and his pc shuts down. WE both have stock cooling. But i have the Thermaltake V1000A case comes with 7 fans, yeah, cool huh

lol when I got my prescott 3.2 like 2weeks ago, it was runnin like 45 IDLE and 57 with games... Coz i had a northwood b4 which was below 30 it freaked me out, but they are built to run high...

my prescott is now @ 3.8 and I reapplied thermalpaste, put a new hsf on it and its like 38 IDLE and 48 gaming, so peh... everyone seems to have heat issues with the prescott, but they are probly ridiculously overclocking them without a good case/HSF. mines NEVER overheated so far and its been at 3.8 like since I got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom