how do you set up a wireless network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
I want to set up a network, that is wireless. I am using a Linksys-B router and TrendNet USB network adapters. I can share the connection, that would work but i want to set up a network to share files and play LAN games. Both computers have Win XP Pro SP1 installed and i need some steps on what to do. Good websites/links are appreciated too. Thanx ;)

First, you'll need wireless cards from www.newegg.com for your computers. Then, you'll have to edit your router's settings. More instructions can be found in your router's instruction manual.

-Dan The Man

Ok, so I can play games on LAN? there is no Shared folder in my network places, so i assumed there is no really "network" just because I can share the connection.

Thanx ;)

turtile said:
You have everything you need. XP should do everything for you.

this is very acurate actually. You have all the network adapters and sharing the internet connection so you have already taken care of the hard part. Now simlply go to each XP machine and run the Network Setup wizard and it literally asks you easy questions that you fill in and its all good from there.. Just bring up the "My Network Places" box and all the answers you seek will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom