Who has liquid cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
frozencpu is a rip off, go here if you want a thermaltake
http://www.xoxide.com/thaqiiiwacok.html

it is $50 less than frozencpu.
here is another option for those who want external cooling
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-155-987&depa=0
with thise one, you need a cpu block, here is the reccomended one since it has the same diamater as the hoses
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-155-986&depa=0

if you want internal WC, the dangerden has the best stuff.

www.dangerden.com

normally the zalman is $50 less than frozencpu, but xoxide is having a sale and selling it for $229

Yeah I can't afford to spend $300 on a water cooling kit so thats why I went the bigwater route. I'll be sure to post my temps though as soon as it gets here, but mind you I'll be using 2 radiators instead of just one.

Bigwater was $134 at www.sidewindercomputers.com

The extra radiator was $39.50 though =/ Kinda pricey, but I guess not since I couldn't find anything cheaper, so overall close to $200 on a water cooling setup with 2 rads for a first time user. Not bad I suppose.

I originally thought water cooling got temps of like 10-15C too, but yeah from everything I read that's just a dilusion lol.

But hey, if I can get some higher OC's on the same amount of Vcore I'll be happy.....

Wonder if I can hit 2.9-3GHz with it.....HIGHLY doubt it, but eh never know.

EDIT: Dizzzzamn!! I can't believe that dangerden 6800 waterblock, was like $124 for that thing. Whew! Sure looks like it would infact be a beast for cooling though

They got non-conductive fluid too. Definitely be something to check out in the future

The air conditioner thing, it would not be cheaper. Easier depends on the person. Think about it... How much would it cost to run an air conditioner at all times when your computer is on? That racks up really quick

personaly, this may sound weired, but i havnt used an AC ina long time, and i may just be thinking of technology thats simple but not out there?

i know theres cheap ACs for prolly like 50 bucks or so, but (just for exampel)- a box over the pc, side pannel off pc, 1 side cut out of the box, the AC put right on that side of the box, so it blows directly in and theres nowere else for the air to go. once the box reaches, ex.- 60F, it auto shuts off like untill temp risess back up. like a car temp control, or dehumidafier. and with such a small area it would use very little energy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
since i dont know anything about pc water coolers, i maybe rong.. but i do know AC systems, and other stuff etc.(but its not my job)

since thy only run on water, all u have to do is purge all the air out of the system.

Him - missinterpreted vapor lock. vapor lock isnt a air bubble.. its when fluid in the lines are heated up so high, that the liquid turns into vapor. iv only heard this turm assosiated with old car's fuel systems. i believe this is impossible with pc watercooller, unless someone tells me how the water cooler works exactly.
------------------------------------------------------------------
water by itself H2o cant conduct electricity, its all the contaminants in the water that make it so conductive.

distilled water is water thats had all contaminants removed. and i think i heard somewere that PCwatercoolers manuels tell u to use distilled water. so in theory, its not conductive anyway.

i would fill the system with distilled water, let it run a bit to flush it. then empty it out and refill it with clean distilled water.

They cost a coupled hundred for a good one; the manual tells you to use ditilled, and you are suppose to so you dont get mineral buildup on the pump and obstructs its work; They work just like a basic car water system: There is the pump, which goes to the waterblock to cool the cpu, which goes through the radiator to cool it off, and back to the pump to start the process over again. There is also a resevoir, just like on a car; and ok to everything else

Got alot of money to put into water cooling?
lol no, that's why I got the cheapest kit there is. The bigwater.

Trust me if I could afford stuff like phase change I wouldn't be sittin on an XP-M and FX 5700 graphics card. I've known about it for quite some time.

Also, and AC unit isn't at all practical for the person suggesting that.

No matter how cheap the unit is, the fact remains that the electrical cost from running it would be ridiculous not to mention the condensation factor and having to work around that.

distilled water is water thats had all contaminants removed. and i think i heard somewere that PCwatercoolers manuels tell u to use distilled water. so in theory, its not conductive anyway.
I know, but I'm not about to test out a 'theory' in my system ;) But it comes with a specific fluid in the kit. The main thing is simply that it's UV reactive but it's also not just distilled water of course. Couldn't tell you anymore though beyond it's true components, but yeah that dielectric fluid from dangerden isn't all that expensive and sure would put your mind at more ease.

Also considering my CPU block is an open channel design I was told it wouldn't matter where I placed my rads meaning before or after the CPU.

Either way it should be removing any heat from the water, and I figure if the 2 rads come before the CPU, the water will be nice and chilled to remove the heat from the block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom