Ram Oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
I got my Geil value ram up to 237.8 fsb with 3-3-3-6 timings is that an ok overclock? Btw the stock is 200fsb with 2.5-4-4-7 timings. im getting 3276/3279 in sandra

I thought you just said 4300mb/sec in another thread?

Stock timings was 2.5-4-4-7? Those are some loose timings there in the middle and considering you OC'd it 37 up from it's original and managed to tighten the timings that kind of tells you right there that it's good, although with 237FSB I would have thought a higher score in sandra than 3200/3200

Think mine gets like 3600/3400 at that FSB.

yea its weird i got like 4gig a couple of times but the last 5 times i've run it i get 2.8-3.3 i just don't get it.

im running the test as soon as i start up is that right or should i do it at some other time?

Yeah start up is the best. Well with PC3200 RAM it doesn't make sense to get 4gb transfer.

I don't think the memory controller on the AMD64's would have THAT significant of an impact.

PC3200 is supposed to be approx 3.2Gb hence the 3200 in the name :p

but even then it generally benches at 3000/2800

im gonna go run the test again at stock and then at my max oc and see the diff

No because bandwidth is always lost in anything you buy that requires communicating between two things especially..

You get a 3mbit connection for example in cable, and chances are you won't actually get a solid 375kb/sec kind of deal, although some of it depends on the server you are downloading from and whether or not they can send you that bandwidth.

EDIT: Oh yeah and generally thats why they say 'UP TO' a maximum of 3.2gb/sec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom