Do Not Buy Alienware!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Learning the proper procedures for installation requires instructional study.' hmmmmm if you say so.

Hey they forgot to include something in exclusive extras .... an empty wallet :D

'Participants from other forums are not likely to have your interests at heart, and may not be as knowledgeable. Can you trust them?'
Your all out to get me, I can't talk to you anymore! I'm gonna lock myself in a box and play solitare until I get calluses, and then blow my head off with a shotgun, kurt cobain style!

AHHh funny shit.

Muahahaha Sui!!! I can set up a shotgun for ya for the low low price of my patented ET-ware overclocked 12 gauge!

Only $50,000!

it takes an hour or two to build a computer, from puttin the spacin in to turning it on.. not hard nor time consuming, why would ne1 that could build a comp ever buy a prebuilt

VIII said:
it takes an hour or two to build a computer, from puttin the spacin in to turning it on.. not hard nor time consuming, why would ne1 that could build a comp ever buy a prebuilt

Because 2 hours is what it takes for the pysical part.
Another 2 hours putting windows on.
Another 2 hours securing the computer.

These may be a bit extended though ^^^

Some people are also now competent of building their own PC's. Yes we think it's soo easy around here, but it's not. Just easy for us.

It takes me a VERY long time to get my computer ready to go on our network, sometimes more than a day before it is all set up. But it wouldn't matter if it was Alienware, Dell, Falcon Northwest...w/e, ANY computer i buy/build has to get set up with my netowrk and properly configured to run on it.

So it's not a matter of who makes it, any computer i get takes my time away to get working. I don't just build it, install OS, and then run it. I'd rather have a computer i built and know how to fix than something with a warranty and regulations that i can't void.

No manufactured computer is "Ready-To-Go" for me, and probably 60% of the rest of us, so the whole saving time buying a pre-built computer goes out the window. It takes just as long to get it at my door step as it does for me to build one computer (sometimes takes FOREVER to ship.) After i build it/receive it, it takes just as long to set up and actually be usable.

I like how they say "Install and update drivers"
I didnt have to install a driver when I made my computer. XP had them all.
And on the website it says 30 individual components to a computer to buy?! Really there is only 14 parts.

ALIENWARE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
****better then DELL though******
****but they still suck*****

they are just trying to take advantage of people who dont know how to build computers, they are pushing propaganda. I have a 1 stop shop, NewEgg "once you KNOW, you KNEW EGG"

And I like how they say no matter what you do, you still end up with a White Box.. BS

And to tell everybody the truth, I kinda like having a mess of wires hanging around in my computer. It makes it look more complicated then it really is!!! :)

Same with alienware man. Pick all top of the line stuff and you got over $10,000 easily.

But yeah, takes an hour to format my computer generally....closer to 2 with all the restarts and installs.

10K hd's make installation a lot faster...like 20 minutes and you're done.

That's about how long it took on this guys amd64 setup I built. I loved it.

puttin em together takes a few hours. I generally run into stupid problems like cables not being connected properly or RAM not being seated.

I always get all nervous right before turning it on :p

Can't imagine when I go to turn on the liquid setup for the first time :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom