reformattin comp procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jilan

Baseband Member
can someone actually say the whole instruction on how to reformat my comp, cuz i need to desperately, i dont wanna use hijackthis, i wanna reformat my comp, lol.
someone told me not to use the recovery console, so wat should i do?

ok,
1) create msdos boot disk and copy files format.com and fdisk.exe or download a bootdisk of the web

2) Back up ALL your files.

3) restart computer with boot disk in it and floppy set to first. It will boot into a dos prompt. Type format c: (where c: is your windows hard drive) If you want to config partition, use fdisk.exe

4) change the boot procedure in bios to Cdrom first, then your hard drive.

5) Put in your windows cd in, and follow instructions.

6) Get latest drivers, updates, virus protection, firewall of a friends connection because if you connect to the net on a fresh version of windows, youll be infected with a virus or spyware very quickly.

7) Put you files and programs back on.

Thats it

Wayne

1) ''create msdos boot disk and copy files format.com and fdisk.exe or download a bootdisk of the web''
wat do i use to do it?
how?
my burner aint working, will it still work?
5)''Put in your windows cd in, and follow instructions.''
i thought we can only use the disk once, if used again, it wont work?
can someone answer these Q pls

what o/s are you going to load on???

though i think xp and 2k are the same..can't remeber...

instert your window's cd into your cd-rom..restart
...make sure your cd-rom is the first boot....you can check this in the bios...when you get that straighted out...window's setup/recovery will start up....go the new installation way..not the repair way.......it will then bring you to where you want to install window's...you can already see your existing installation on there...there is a feature that will let you delete the current partition and you can then format (i suggest using the ntfs format)....after that...you will be able to install windows.

CntdwnToExtn said:
what o/s are you going to load on???

though i think xp and 2k are the same..can't remeber...

instert your window's cd into your cd-rom..restart
...make sure your cd-rom is the first boot....you can check this in the bios...when you get that straighted out...window's setup/recovery will start up....go the new installation way..not the repair way.......it will then bring you to where you want to install window's...you can already see your existing installation on there...there is a feature that will let you delete the current partition and you can then format (i suggest using the ntfs format)....after that...you will be able to install windows.

This is the easiest and best option.

''make sure your cd-rom is the first boot....you can check this in the bios...when you get that straighted out...window's setup/recovery will start up....go the new installation way..not the repair way.......''
soz, i am a noob at computers can u explain in details how/why/where i can do these things pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom