Intels running hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
I've been talking to a few people recently and a couple of them have had intel pc's that are running at rediculasly high temps. one guy had his comp running at 70-80 after 30 min of light gaming and another had parts of his case going soft (plastic) after 2-3 hours of playing war craft 3. was wondering if anyone else had had any such probs or known anyone with them. also if anyones amd's are doing this i'd be interested to hear.

thnx :)

Yeah my Intel 3.0 gets up around 60. Too hot for me, and that's not gaming either. It's whatever my parents do with their computer.

i think the problems are that these super hot CPUs are being OC'ed and not properly cooled. i would never recommend OCing without upgrading AT LEAST your case fans. my AMD 3400+ (2.2) is at 2.57 at 30 C idle with the Zalman 7000B, 3 80 mm and 1 120 mm. if they are overheating without any OC, it is possible to underclock the CPU in the BIOS advanced settings or Processor Settings. it is also possible that fans are no longer working properly, or a new component is blocking airflow. always try to keep PCI cards away from each other for easy air circulation.

my buddies xp2500+ runs over 50 at idle...not sure what it does with games...tha's stock coolin' and no overclockin'...so i'm assuming it get's up to about 57C when gaming...fyi....

the only person that i know with a intel has a dell....so i don't even pay attention to it..

deadweight said some good stuff though.
have them take the side of their case off as well...that can usualy drop it a couple of degrees.

an xp2500+ idling over 50c with out any o/c is running too hot....he must not have good case ventilation or something. My xp2500+m o/c'd from 1.8 to 2.5 idles at 38-39c and only goes up to 45-46 under a couple hours of full load.

i know....it's wierd...everything is stable and runs great.
it's got a antec case...which i thought would really help in the case cooling...it's got no side fan though which can make a big difference.
his house IS hot though for the most part...they don't use the A/C all that often in the summer and in the winter they use their wood stove...so they just pile the wood in cause they've got a huge amount...so it's probably the room temp as well.

With my old case, I had my old prescott run at 85 Celcius before shutting off, now I idle at 54 Celcius and MAX out at 63 C, Thats good for me.

THats just scary that intel is prepared to run their cores so hot neither of my friends comps were oc'd and by the looks of it they aren;t the only ones with heat probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom