blown harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually if the platters show then it's fine as long as you don't touch them. They will last much longer than you think. I have had several hard drives running open for a couple of months before they finally fail. It's fascinating to watch them in action, but it's dust that finally kills them.

hmmmm lots of maxtors boards on there, gee wonder why.... Yeah if you can remove the board and replace it would be alot better option then paying way too much for data retrival.

The platters are the spinning discs of metal, where the data is stored.

(I got the picture below off the internet. I would never do this to a drive!)

Attachments

• platter.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 51
m3trj said:
Actually if the platters show then it's fine as long as you don't touch them. They will last much longer than you think. I have had several hard drives running open for a couple of months before they finally fail. It's fascinating to watch them in action, but it's dust that finally kills them.

Usually i thought a few seconds is all it takes to ruin a hard drives platters.

I will give running a hard drive open a shot :)

the hard drive is an old quantum fireball 20 gig that came in a gateway from 2001, thats not my computer its the computer that my parents use, o ofer to upgrade it but they dont trust me, thank gods it now my computer. that beast last for a good while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom