In Real Trouble! Please Help Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEVER use super glue or a glue gone when considering electrical components. They simply aren't made for that kind of use, especially considering they do have certain temperatures inwhich they'd just liquify again, especially glue sticks.

If you want a permanent stick and want the benefits of thermal paste you need thermal epoxy likes been suggested.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/araltherad.html

However, also likes been suggested just get a new bracket.

You don't want to permanently seal a heatsink to your CPU

If you were stuck on the side of the road and you had to get home
glue may work.

OTH, when our computers break, fix them as good as or better than original when possible otherwise replace the broken part with a
new one :ie GET A NEW BRACKET.

My opinion only matters if the QUALITY of your work is important to
you, if getting things up and running is all that matters then by
all means glue away.

(Whilst trying not to sound like a complete idiot)

Looked on the net without success for a replacement.
Any idea of a store that'll stock one. Phoned locally and looked in pc world without any success.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

???

You got to be kidding me, right?

Okay, first off, if the manufacturer of the board doesn't have a bracket to sell you and the mobo is still in stock, I'll eat my monitor. You can always get spare parts for things like that from the manufacturer. Just call them up and explain the problem. If they can't give you a bracket, buy a new mobo from another brand and manufacturer.

Second, superglue is just no...That's like some kind of n00b joke using superglue on your heatsink. At the least I'd go for duct-tape or twine to hold-over till things could be properly fixed. I mean, this is your processor you're talking about. If you screw it up, yer out the cost of the chip and quite possibly other things on your PC. Not to mention that if any of that superglue should start to melt, it could cause major MAJOR problems. And what if the bracket doesn't hold up and the heatsink falls off and hits your AGP/PCI cards? Those things weigh a ton compared to the other components in the box.

Do it right, be patient. You'll be better for it in the end.

Oh, and next time buy an AMD so you don't have to deal with that moronic bracket. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom