very frequent video crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akoto

Baseband Member
I'm running an older computer (about 2 years or something) which has been upgraded a few times.

Its now a duron 1300mhz, 512 DDR, radeon 9700 pro(2 monitors active), some crappy mother board, 2 HDD, 2 opticals, 2 network cards, and a creative soundblaster audigy 2.

Just recently my computer has been crashing for no reason when tryin to run games of "lesser" graphics (most prominently the half-life 1 engine). Other games I cant run for more then a minuit withought a total crash are Unreal Tournament, Ghost Recon, Mafia(sometimes), Warcraft 3, and a few others.

What happens is i start up the game and everything goes good, then all of the sudden the graphics (not sound) freeze, it waits about 10 seconds then if im lucky, the VPU recoder thing from the catalist 5 drivers will recover my system. If it doesnt then my monitors either both go black (no signal) or they start displaying an image of horribly corrupt graphics that changes about every 10 seconds.

Any help would be greatly apriciated cause I dont want to buy a new computer just yet.

very good suggestions. let us know what you have done so far if the problem persists or if you fix it then lets us know hopw ya did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom