The tower112 is a monster but works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn prime....have you run memtest on it? at least that way you can see if it is the memory holding you back.

Nah I haven't run memtest yet. The memory is being tried within the company specs though.

They guarantee it up to DDR266 at 3-4-4-8 timings 2.85-2.95 Vdimm

At 250 they say 2.5-3-3-7 timings ( thats where I got it) with 2.75-2.85 vdimm, I got it at 2.8

I just upped my Vcore to 1.9v even, thingis up at 44C full load now from like 40C with 1.875! Big jump in heat with a small voltage boost, also knocked the chipset DOWN to 1.6 to see if for some weird reason it'd work.

Low and behold it's now at Test 3 in blend mode, which is what like ....15 minutes I think, so we'll see how it goes. Hell I may need to prime the CPU again so I can find out the required Vcore, although I coulda sworn 2.5GHz was 100% stable at 1.875Mhz, but hell since it's OC'ing the RAM now it may need that little bit more juice.

Man I hate hitting 44C.

I hope that water cooling has a nice effect, I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE!

Can't even tell you how disappointed I'd be if it failed me, but I don't see how it could.

That'd be going against all the reviews I've read plus I will have a 2nd radiator, which I gotta say DAMN, the thing is freakin huge man lol.

Grrrr mike! I'm so jealous of your 250MHz :p but yeah, like you and I have both said I'm almost positive it's the 512mb vs 1gb

I need to do that voltage mod.

4W4K3!!! Come volt mod this thing for me :p

EDIT: Oh yeah and I asked that guy CPU Killer from dfi-street for some top knotch liquid cooling info. Said I was a mod here and most people will come to me for OC'ing help, but no one has liquid cooling here (that I know of) so I wanted to become knowledgable in that too, to reinsure people like myself who are new and want to get into it

44 is still not horrible....if it will pass prime that would be sweet. I"m sure the water will help also. That is cool that he is gonna help you with the info on the water as well.

well I don't know if he will, I just asked the question like 15 minutes ago so we'll see if he responds.

44C isn't bad considering the voltage, but ehh I've gotten anal over temps lately :p

It just passed the first 1024k test, and onto test 1 of 8k FFT length, so I think it's been 20 minutes now....going strong for now.

If it crashes I'll throw the chipset up to 1.7v and see how it likes that

Thanks, from my previous adventures I do believe I'll need it.

It's being a beeotch just to get 240 stable so I highly doubt I'll ever hit 250 unless I do that volt mod.

Also my game sof2 keeps giving me one of those 'unknown error, program had to stop, want to send error report?' lately, not sure if it's RAM related or driver related....

I figured if it were RAM my computer would restart or freeze or something, so I'm gonna try some new drivers and hope for the best.

I would ask what you're using but you got ATI :p

Hey mike what kind of case do you have, I want to compare the dimensions of your to mine to see if that thing can be installed.

And estimate the distance from the top of HS to the window. Because where the top of it would be, is where my side-fan is...

THANKS!

Meh, made it 55mins :(

When I upped the chipst to 1.7v it only lasted 2 minutes...soooo for whatever reason it likes the lower voltage I guess.

I'm starting to think 240 is an impossibility for me

Yeah, oh well, I GUESS it's decent enough :p 600mb/sec increase aint too shabby but it's no 750+ like yourself :D

And now I'm terrified of that voltage mod. Don't have the WILL like I did before I fried it lol...wonder why :p

Maybe on some weird whim after the water cooling setup gets here it'll want to work. Cause I got thermal epoxy to make sure the SB stays on, along with some other micro sinks, and I don't know, perhaps it's just hopeful thinking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom