AVI to MPEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
OIDanTheManIO said:
Nero VisionExpress can do that and then burn your MPEG's to DVD's.

www.nero.com

-Dan The Man

nero has the worst encoder on earth. except for nero recode (dvd shrink made that) . usually the longer softwares encoder are the better one as they are converting it on a frame by frame basis, where as the quicker encoder just go over the whole movie

Cucusoft avi to dvd is a good one

OIDanTheManIO said:
ROFL! Soooo many people disagree with what you just said!

-Dan The Man

you are right. most people can't tell good video from bad video either.
I'm always have been an audiophile and videophile my whole life. I've have been encoding and decoding for as long as I've been into computers (5years +).

when we use to encode and compress, we always compared it to the original source as we use to want it to look exactly like the original source. do you now 3 years ago, it took 24hrs to shrink a dvd9 (dual layer) to a dvd5 (single layer)? we would do frame by frame analysis too. we encoded greeat video. (that why I use hardware encoders insted of software. hardware wins flat out)

these days as long as it show up on tv, it is acceptable to most people. I can't stand the bootleg dvds that they sell on the corner

videophiles are a minority. have you ever notice that the audio and video is out of sync when you watch a long movie encoded by nero?
not nero recode though. you guys consider nero to be highend.
videophiles don't even consider it to be good.

the only reason nero is the number one selling software (it use to be roxio) is because they buck the trend and they were the first commercial product to burn dvd video files that were authored on your computer (roxio lost millions on that deal as they just started doing that last year as they were try to be in compliance). you use to have to got to the dvd underground (you use to half to go to the computer world underground, because burning dvds was illegal, then legal, now illegal again) or pay 20,000 for producer software to burn dvds

shoot you all think dvd shrink is the best encoder for dvds. CCe encoder and instant copy7 or 8 kill dvd shrink in quality. but IC7 will take from 1 to 5 hours to do it (IC8 is faster), cce takes 3 to 12 hour to do it.

before dvd shrink you had 2 choices. quality or speed . a lot of people use dvd2one back then, because it could shrink a dvd in a hour or less, but it showed a horrible picture (a lot of people claim to not even notice the difference, but it was an obvious difference).

when dvd shrink came out an it was as fast as dvd2one plus if the movie was 6.5 gig or shorter. it would have great quality almost comparable to IC. that's something you all don't notice. dvd shrink does a horrible job of shrink a long (7.0 to 8.5g) gig movie. especially in the dark scenes

So EricB, ur syaing that the best encoders are CCe encoder and instant copy? I will try these. Thanks for the sugegstions.

Let me mention though that i am converting the aiv files to mpeg for use in the program DVD Lab Pro where i will put everythign together with menu's and chapters and all that junk for compilation. Then i simply use Nero to burn the image. Now are those 2 programs still the best choice?

d_source said:
So EricB, ur syaing that the best encoders are CCe encoder and instant copy? I will try these. Thanks for the sugegstions.

yes they are the best software encoders, but instant copy only encode dvd files. no avi or mpeg. the very best encoders are the hardware one. like this one that I just got off ebay (this is where you should buy it them as they are expensive).

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=297757#post297757

d_source said:

Let me mention though that i am converting the aiv files to mpeg for use in the program DVD Lab Pro where i will put everythign together with menu's and chapters and all that junk for compilation. Then i simply use Nero to burn the image. Now are those 2 programs still the best choice?

yes to this question too. nero does those tasks very well. they just don't have the best encoders. nero number one claim to fame has alway been that they do a little bit of everything.

OK cool i already have nero 6 which should have the encoder as part of the package (i never checked though).
And i am just fooling around with videos and making DVD compilations, i dont wanna spend that kinda cash on stuff liek this.
Thx for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom